Friday, August 8, 2014

An Ending and A Beginning

Hey everyone!
Well, I had surgery last Thursday and it was a success. The wonderful surgeon was able to remove the cantaloupe sized mass without difficulty. Slowly but surely I am recovering and working on getting back to normal.
Now for the sad news... It has been discovered that I am in fact, a diseased child. I have a certain disease, that although it is manageable, I will need to go through treatment for the next six months. It has been decided by the church medical team and my wonderful doctor here that my mission journey has come to an end.
I am so grateful for the amazing opportunity I had to serve the beautiful people of Honduras. I was only able to be there for a short period of time but I learned so much. They have taught me the value of love, family, and caring for others. I was able to gain such a huge testimony of Jesus Christ, and of the truth of His gospel. I know without a doubt that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church.
A huge thank you to all that supported me on my incredible journey. I could not have done it without the constant care and love I felt from everyone here at home. I am so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life. Please know that I truly appreciate all that y'all have done for me.
Never fear, I know the Lord has a plan for me and I am not going to give up. I have already taken the steps to begin school and plan to begin the joyous life of a student this fall. I am so sad my dream adventure had to end but excited to see what the future has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment