Thursday, April 24, 2014

Last Post From The CCM!

Remember when I mentioned that random earthquake drill? Oh boy am I glad we had it. Okay, so we are sitting in class and all the sudden this annoying loud siren goes off and somehow we just knew what it was even though we had never heard it before, so we all took off running. So we go stand in these designated spots (these circle things with giant arrows) and wait. At first I didn't notice anything but then I realized that I was rocking back and forth and as were the buildings and trees and light posts. It was the strangest thing. I literally had no control over my own ability to stand. Luckily there were no injuries or anything. Things were fine after a few minutes. But it was pretty cool. We have had about three false alarms since then, but we are all safe and sound here. 

So Sunday was pretty good. They really made an effort to make Easter special. We had Sacrament in the auditorium with the Latinos too which was cool cause usually we are split. I loved how much attention and care they took to make it a success. Something about being in an auditorium filled with missionaries made it super special to me. It is amazing to think that we are all here with the same purpose. We had a great MTC Easter devotional we watched by Uchtdorf, and a whole bunch more devotionals later. So many to the point that I can't really tell you who said what in which one. Sorry. Just know they were really great and that one thing I really loved hearing from them was that as missionaries Christ blesses us. If we trust Him, he takes away our fears, eases our sorrows, and sends so many blessing to our families. At one point that was said and there was and awwww throughout the room. We all misses our families so much and it is so great to hear that they receive blessing for our service. 
Monday was super exciting cause there were TWO package slips for me and my companions each had packages. Thank you so much Mom and Celia for sending me the treats. And the notes totally made me cry. I just felt so loved. I shared with the mail lady, and some Latino friends that didn't get anything. It really was great.Thank you soooo much!
I leave this lovely CCM officially on Monday at 7am. I cannot believe how fast time has flown. Last night we taught members to get experience on how we can help members grow their faith, and I realized that I really don't know Spanish well at all. My companions kept nodding and saying affirmative responses to these people and I could feel myself starting to panic. Like oh no, I don't understand these people at all. It was kinda scary. But then we left and I was quietly thinking about what I was going to do about this, and suddenly both of my companions admitted they too had no idea what was being said. So apparently they are just better at faking it than me. I am not nervous to leave here. This place has served it's purpose. I am excited to go get to work. I know that I have a ton of mistakes ahead of me. Probably a lot of tears and prayers. But you know, I want nothing more than to do this and do this well. I am so excited to get to Honduras and share the love of Christ with all these people. They may not understand me very well, and I know I won't be able to understand them for a while, but I am not alone in this. I like to think of one of my favorite verses in the scriptures. D&C 84:88 "And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." What better than to know that. I am so grateful for this privilege I have to serve. 
I love you all so much! I miss you and pray for you always. Can't wait to email your from Honduras next week!!
Here is my wonderful district in our last week here in Mexico! Hello Honduras for all the Elders, Myself, and the Hermana on my left, and Nicaragua and El Salvador for the other Hermanas. Whoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment